State-of-the-art reproductive and sexual health service
In response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we ask all our patients to follow this advice before attending any of our services.
If you have been in contact with someone who has Coronavirus (COVID-19) or you have a new continuous cough and/or temperature, DO NOT attend. Self-isolate and visit the NHS website for further advice.
In line with Government advice and due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will see a limited number of patients per day and only if they fulfil our phone triage/assessment criteria for urgent sexual health-related problems. The numbers seen may vary daily depending on available staffing. Please only attend clinic if you have been triaged (assessed) over the phone and given an appointment in our clinic.
Telephone helpline: 020 7188 7707
We are working 7 days a week. This line will be answered daily from 8.30am (9.30am Sundays) until the end of our usual opening hours.
You can also book a five-minute telephone triage call. We will call you and see if we are able to help you. Visit the Zesty website to schedule a time for us to call you.
Many thanks for your understanding.
Screening for sexually transmitted infections and testing for STIs can be performed using a home test kit, ordered online via the link below on this page.
- If you are experiencing domestic abuse, please visit the National Domestic Abuse Helpline website or call the 24-hour helpline on 0808 2000 247.
- If you have been sexually assaulted or raped, The Havens is available to call 24 hours a day on 0203 299 6900 or visit The Havens website.
- You can find mental health and well-being support on the Every Mind Matters website.
- If you are concerned about your alcohol intake, please check out the Alcohol Change UK website.
Screening for sexually transmitted infections and testing for STIs can be performed using a home test kit, ordered online via Sexual Health London.
If you have no symptoms and would like a sexual health screening, you can order a free test kit online that will be delivered discreetly to your home. Order here:
We like to think of Burrell Street as something special:
- We’re the only NHS sexual health service in London open seven days a week
- We provide sexual health screening in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere with welcoming staff
- We have the highest quality tests in the UK
- Our results service is among the fastest in London
While you’re waiting to be seen, we offer free wi-fi in a light and airy environment with specially commissioned artworks.
Tests and treatment
Burrell Street offers tests and treatment for all sexually transmitted infections. Where possible we’ll treat you at your first visit. However, not all infections can be diagnosed immediately – samples need to be sent off to our laboratories and if we find any infection, we’ll contact you immediately to ask you to return for treatment. Other services we offer are:
- One minute HIV testing, and PEP (post exposure prophylaxis). Just ask at the front desk when you arrive at the clinic.
- A contraceptive service with both walk-in and booked appointments. We also offer emergency contraception. Please call the clinic on 020 7188 6666 for further details.
Services for young people under 18
If you’re under 18, you are welcome at all our clinics. We provide a holistic approach to your sexual health, relationship and contraceptive needs or if you’re just worried about something and need to talk. You don’t need to book an appointment – just walk in during our opening hours.
All under 18’s will be assessed by a healthcare professional, and we will ask you about your sexual health, home situation and relationships.
There are many requests for services which are outside of our funding remit, and we have decided to offer those services to you privately. Wherever possible we will offer you the best price available in London. All profit made by these services is returned to the clinic and used to enhance the public environment, purchase medical equipment, and support the training of staff.
HPV Vaccinations (Gardasil) –
Burrell Street provides Gardasil – an HPV vaccination, as a private service. For further information see the Gardasil page by clicking above.
HIV and pre-IVF STI testing –
We provide HIV testing for visa and work certificates, and pre-IVF STI testing – click here for details.
Burrell Street has a sexual health counselling service, with qualified therapists working in a variety of modalities. We provide risk reduction interventions, sexual health advice, relationship, gender and sexual identity counselling. We can also address concerns around alcohol and recreational drug use in sexual settings. Referrals can be made to local psychosexual services for you. Come in and speak to one of the health advising team who can arrange an assessment.
Slamming kits for gay and bisexual men injecting recreational drugs for sex – click here
Syringes for g dosing – click here