State-of-the-art reproductive and sexual health service
Our service has changed from 11th May 2022.
Please click here for information on improved access to our clinic.
- If you are experiencing domestic abuse, please visit the National Domestic Abuse Helpline website or call the 24-hour helpline on 0808 2000 247.
- If you have been sexually assaulted or raped, The Havens is available to call 24 hours a day on 0203 299 6900 or visit The Havens website.
- You can find mental health and well-being support on the Every Mind Matters website.
- If you are concerned about your alcohol intake, please check out the Alcohol Change UK website.
We like to think of Burrell Street as something special:
- We’re the only NHS sexual health service in London open seven days a week
- We provide sexual health screening in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere with welcoming staff
- We have the highest quality tests in the UK
- Our results service is among the fastest in London
While you’re waiting to be seen, we offer free wi-fi in a light and airy environment with specially commissioned artworks.
Tests and treatment
Burrell Street offers tests and treatment for all sexually transmitted infections. Where possible we’ll treat you at your first visit. However, not all infections can be diagnosed immediately – samples need to be sent off to our laboratories and if we find any infection, we’ll contact you immediately to ask you to return for treatment.
Services for young people under 18
If you’re under 18, you are welcome at all our clinics. We provide a holistic approach to your sexual health, relationship and contraceptive needs or if you’re just worried about something and need to talk.
All under 18’s will be assessed by a healthcare professional, and we will ask you about your sexual health, home situation and relationships.
There are many requests for services which are outside of our funding remit, and we have decided to offer those services to you privately. Wherever possible we will offer you the best price available in London. All profit made by these services is returned to the clinic and used to enhance the public environment, purchase medical equipment, and support the training of staff.
HPV Vaccinations (Gardasil) –
Burrell Street provides Gardasil – an HPV vaccination, as a private service. For further information see the Gardasil page by clicking above.
HIV and pre-IVF STI testing –
We provide HIV testing for visa and work certificates, and pre-IVF STI testing – Burrell Street private services.
Burrell Street has a sexual health counselling service, with qualified therapists working in a variety of modalities. We provide risk reduction interventions, sexual health advice, relationship, gender and sexual identity counselling. We can also address concerns around alcohol and recreational drug use in sexual settings. Referrals can be made to local psychosexual services for you. Come in and speak to one of the health advising team who can arrange an assessment.
Slamming kits for gay and bisexual men injecting recreational drugs for sex – Slamming kits
Syringes for g dosing – Syringes for g dosing