State-of-the-art reproductive and sexual health service
Burrell Street Sexual Health Clinic is the largest and most comprehensive NHS sexual health service in London, and part of Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust.
We’re London’s first NHS clinic that’s open seven days a week, offering a full range of sexual health services. Our clinic is run by a team of doctors, nurses and health advisers, and is a walk-in only service.
Weekends at Burrell Street are extremely busy. Demand for our services is very high, and we’re often full to capacity as soon as our doors are open. This means that you may not be able to be seen, and certainly waiting times may be longer than on a weekday. Please be patient, and we will what we can to help you.
We like to think of Burrell Street as something special:
- We’re the only NHS sexual health service in London open seven days a week
- We provide sexual health screening in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere with welcoming staff
- We have the highest quality tests in the UK
- Our results service is among the fastest in London
While you’re waiting to be seen, we offer free wi-fi and freshly ground coffee in a light and airy environment with specially commissioned artworks.
Tests and treatment
Burrell Street offers tests and treatment for all sexually transmitted infections. Where possible we’ll treat you at your first visit. However, not all infections can be diagnosed immediately – samples need to be sent off to our laboratories and if we find any infection, we’ll contact you immediately to ask you to return for treatment. Other services we offer are:
- One minute HIV testing, and PEP (post exposure prophylaxis). Just ask at the front desk when you arrive at the clinic.
- A contraceptive service with both walk-in and booked appointments. We also offer emergency contraception. Please call the clinic on 020 7188 6666 for further details.
HPV Vaccinations (Gardasil)
Burrell Street provides Gardsail – an HPV vaccination, as a private service. For further information see the Gardasil page by clicking above.
Burrell Street has a sexual health counselling service which provides risk reduction interventions, sexual health advice, and an opportunity to discuss your relationships, sexual identity and concerns regarding your drug and alcohol use.
We can also make referrals to local psychosexual services for you. Speak to one of the health advising team who can arrange an assessment for you.
Slamming kits for gay and bisexual men injecting recreational drugs for sex – click here
Syringes for g dosing – click here